Quick Links

Main Navigation

Top

Wolfview Website Articles

Sign up for the News Update.

Sub Navigation

Top

Headlines

Working...

Ajax Loading Image

April highlights from the Wolf Pack!

5th-6th Grade Visit Ameritowne
On April 23 the 5th and 6th grade classes attended Ameritowne in Wray, Colorado. The classes learned all about the economy, how to make a budget, write checks and use debit cards. Everyone had a wonderful time.

FCE Character Counts Writing Contest
Fourth graders competed in the FCE Character Counts writing contest last month. This year’s winners were 1st place—Camden Wingfield, 2nd place—Addison Richards, and 3rd place—Evelyn Cruz. These students went on to compete against all 4th graders in Yuma County. Evelyn Cruz placed first at the county level and will go on to compete at the state level. Congratulations! Submitted by Sue Heath, 5th Grade Teacher

FFA News
Congratulations to Dax Towns for his state winning FFA Proficiency in the area of Landscape Maintenance!

The Idalia FFA Chapter competed in District CDES on April 3 and 12.
Team placings are as follows:
Vet Science—1st in District
Ag Mechanics—3rd in District
Livestock Judging—1st in District
Floriculture—3rd in District
Horse Judging—1st in District
Meat Evaluation—1st in District
Milk Quality—2nd in District
Teams will compete at the state contests on May 5 and 6. Good luck to all!

Regional Science Fair

Tyler Hall presented at the Regional Science Fair in Fort Collins.  Shocking Water was his project.

Katie McGinnis and Sled Hockey
This year marked Katie’s 4th year playing sled hockey. What is sled hockey? It is ice hockey, but the players use sleds with two skate blades attached to the bottom and hockey sticks with end-cleats the players use to propel the sled. People with physical disabilities who play this challenging game can experience the fun of rigorous competition. Katie loves sled hockey because it is a team sport with everyone playing together to win a game, and we know Katie is competitive. Katie plays defense for her hockey team although at times she plays wing. Her most memorable moment occurred in her first year in San Jose, California when her youth team won the championship, and she had scored her first points for the team.
This year Katie was voted to be team captain by her teammates. Her team advanced to the championship game in Wesley Chapel, Florida this season. After winning the three tournament games leading up to the championship game, the Colorado JV Sled Hockey team clinched the championship once again. Katie commented, “It was a thrill to win the championship again and this time as captain.” After the game, the coach personally awarded her an engraved puck for being the “most improved player” of the year.
Katie will play on the JV sled hockey team next year and hopes to move up to the B team. Katie’s ultimate goal in sled hockey is to become a member of the Women’s National Sled Hockey Team which competes internationally.
To help promote sled hockey, Katie holds individual and takes part in team fundraisers. This year you may have seen her with her family in front of Wray Market selling baked goods. She was able to raise over $2,000 for the Colorado Sled Hockey Organization.
Idalia is proud to have Katie representing all of us as she competes and trains in her favorite sport of sled hockey. Go, Katie!

State FBLA
On April 22-24, the Idalia FBLA Chapter traveled to Aurora Colorado to attend the State Leadership Conference held at the Gaylord Rockies Resort and Convention Center. The week was filled with fun workshops and competitions.
The first night was an amazing opening session, and at five in the morning, our chapter found out that three teams made it into callbacks, Aubrey Richards and Camren Morris in Graphic Design, Brisa Perez and Hannah Carpenter in Broadcast Journalism, and Breann Shaffer and Brain Jimenez in Website Design. Idalia also received Peak 5 status.
The teams competed once again on Tuesday morning and eagerly waited for the closing ceremony the next morning. To take their minds off of the anticipation, the chapter attended a hypnotist show Tuesday night. Chapter members Tyson Richards and Maddisen Hoyda were both brought onto the stage to be put into a trance along with other chapters’ members.
The moment everyone had been waiting for had finally come. Aubrey Richards was named the 2019-2020 State VP of Progress. Aubrey Richards and Camren Morris also received first place in Graphic Design and qualified for nationals in their event! Garrett Hurlburt also received third place in his Accounting II which qualified him for Nationals. These three members, as well as Brian Jimenez, who completed is America Business Achievement Award, will be traveling to San Antonio in June to attend the National Leadership Conference.
Other members placing were Hannah Carpenter and Brisa Perez who placed 8th in Broadcast Journalism, and Porscha Jacobs who placed 9th in Word Processing. Great job Idalia FBLA!
Submitted by Hannah Carpenter, Idalia FBLA Reporter

Back To Top