Quick Links

Main Navigation

Top

Wolfview Website Articles

Sign up for the News Update.

Sub Navigation

Top

Headlines

Working...

Ajax Loading Image

October Highlights from the Wolfpack!

November 06, 2019

4-H HIGHWAY CLEAN-UP

The following members enjoyed a beautiful fall afternoon as they cleaned up the highway through the town of Idalia. Registration for the new 4-H year is now open. Interested in joining 4-H? Contact Tara Garton at 970-630-0765.

SIX FBLA ATTEND CFLC IN VAIL

On October 21, six members including Aubrey Richards, Brandy Henrickson, Camron Morris, Porscha Jacobs, Priscilla Cordova, and Allison Rice, attended the Fall Leadership Conference in Vail, Colorado. After opening session, the members were divided into groups to rotate through different sessions that included a public speaking workshop, objective test practice, and various smaller workshops focusing on FBLA. Aubrey Richards as a state officer, led one of the workshops focusing on social media. Following dinner was the FBLA Olympics, which was a series of mini games and trivia. Idalia along with two other participates placed second overall. Later the members completed two community service projects, Fleece for Fighters and Project Angel Heart by making three blankets and decorating multiple bags. The morning of October 22 was filled with six different workshop sessions ranging from community service, how to deal with stress, to tips for presenting. At the awards session, two members took first in their objective tests, Porscha Jacobs Word Processing, and Brandy Henrickson Accounting II. With more knowledge, experience, and memories the six members returned home from the Fall Leadership Conference. Submitted by Brandy Henrickson, FBLA Reporter

DICTIONARIES FOR 3RD GRADE

The third grade class was presented with dictionaries on October 3. The Akron Elks bring dictionaries to third graders each year, and they support many of the surrounding schools as well. Submitted by Kelsey Rhea, 3rd Grade Teacher

FBLA INSTALLATION

The Idalia Future Business Leaders of America Chapter has been busy this month from installing new members and officer, to leadership conferences, to community service. On October 3, 2019 the Idalia Future Business Leaders of America Chapter held their installation night for new members and officers at the Idalia School. There were ten new members inducted into the chapter including Alma Cordova, Adriana Herrera, Allison Rice, Alyssa Jones, Tyler Hall, Eduardo Estrada, Christian Reyes, Naidelin Estrada, Jenna Wieser, and Raquel Lieurance. Once the new members sang the tradition song of Colorado FBLA, the 2019-2020 officers were installed. Presiding over the ceremony was Sarah Wiley, the Colorado FBLA Vice President of Service. The officers are Hannah Carpenter- President, Porscha Jacobs-Vice President, Brandy Henrickson-Secretary and Reporter, Brisa Perez-Treasurer, and Priscilla Cordova-Student Council Representative. The Idalia FBLA Chapter would like to congratulate and thank its newest members and officers on beginning their next adventure with this pristine organization built on student leadership and learning. Submitted by Brandy Henrickson, FBLA Reporter

FBLA TRICK-OR-TREATING FOR CANNED FOOD

On Sunday October 27, 23 of the Idalia Future Business Leaders of America Chapter dressed up and braved the cold weather to gather donated canned goods for the local Manna Pantry. These members included Aubrey Richards, Brisa Perez, Talon Glanz, Cloey Jones, Brandy Henrickson, Macy Richards, Tyson Richards, Camren
Morris, Porscha Jacobs, Kylie Wingfield, Adriana Herrera, Tara Hubbard, Dawn Rice, Marek Cody, Titus Glanz, Christian Reyes, Koy Smith, Yahir Enriquez, Jenna Wieser, Eduardo Estrada, Naidelin Estrada, Tyler Hall, and Allison Rice. Covering most of the school district the manana pantry will receive a donation that will be put to use. The Idalia FBLA Chapter would like to thank the drivers and everyone who donated for this cause. If we missed you, we are profoundly sorry, and wish that you would let us know so that we can stop by next year. Happy Halloween from the Idalia FBLA Chapter.
Submitted by Brandy Henrickson, FBLA Reporter

PHYSICS MOUSETRAP CAR

The Idalia Physics class were partnered up and designed a car that would only be powered by a mousetrap. Their grade would be calculated by whose car went the fastest and whose car went the greatest distance.  The winners for this project were Veronica Cody, Brisa Perez, and Macy Richards. Their car traveled at a distance of 52 feet and 4 inches and also went as fast as 4 ft./second. All the different designs were so cool to look at and it was an interesting experience for all of the students in the class. There were many modifications to all of the different cars. Submitted by Brisa Perez, Physics Student

PUMPKIN PATCH VISIT

Preschool, Kindergarten and 1st grade traveled to the Pumpkin Patch on October 15! Huge thanks to Roger & Suzy Richards! Submitted by Crystal Richards, Preschool Director

SOPHOMORE RANGE JUDGING

On October 2 the sophomore class traveled to Seibert for a State Range Judging Contest. There were 200 kids from around the state competing. The events they participated in were range plant evaluation and range plant identification. This year Tara Hubbard, Dawn Rice, and Koy Smith placed in the bronze category and Marek Cody and Porscha Jacobs placed in the Silver category. As a group they placed 10th out of 24 schools. Submitted by Porscha Jacobs, FFA Reporter

Back To Top