Quick Links

Main Navigation

Top

Wolfview Website Articles

Sign up for the News Update.

Sub Navigation

Top

Headlines

Working...

Ajax Loading Image

November Highlights from the Wolfpack!

K-5 BOOK CHALLENGE
At the October Literacy Night, the K-5th grade book challenge was introduced. The first challenge is complete, and we have an AWESOME group of readers taking part. Each reader (and adult/parent mentor) had to select a book that has won an award, read it, give it a rating and tell why they gave that rating. Each reader that completed the challenge earned an Idalia Wolves bag. Here’s the great part—It’s not too late to join the fun!! Students can still complete this challenge before starting challenge #2! Challenges must be completed in order. Students who complete all six challenges will be invited to our completion party in May.

Challenge #2
Dates: Nov 18 - Dec 18
Topic: Outdoor Adventure

Cards for the ratings are located on the book challenge board at school and can be turned in to Mrs. Lengel. Submitted by Lenae Lengel, Kindergarten Teacher

FBLA COMMUNITY SERVICE PROJECTS
As a part of the FBLA’s Non-Stop November goal, members visited DDI and helped pack Thanksgiving boxes. Along with that goal, members made 27 fleece-tie blankets and donated and delivered them to local nursing homes.
Submitted by Brandy Henrickson, Idalia FBLA Reporter

NOVEMBER PALS
This November the K-3 grade PALS did Thanksgiving-featured crafts. They got to color a turkey and write what they were thankful for. They glued their turkey and thankful note on to large construction paper and then made potato stamps. The kids got to pick out what kind of shape they wanted, and the “PALS” made the stamp. The kids stamped their paper with paint and designed it how they desired. Everyone seemed to enjoy this creative activity. We are all excited to see what the elementary will create next month. Submitted by Porsha Jacobs, FFA Reporter

OPERATION GRATITUDE
For the fifth consecutive year, Idalia elementary students participated in Operation Gratitude’s Annual Halloween Candy Drive. Over 50 pounds of candy (and 50 letters to servicemen) were shipped to troops serving overseas. The 5th grade class was again the winner, donating 16.2 pounds of candy, and earned the Top Donator Trophy sponsored by Idalia Health & Wellness. Mrs. Heath must have the secret to candy donation—her classes have won the last two years. The shipping cost was generously donated by Dr. Melvin Dunn, DDS. Thank you Idalia staff and students and Dr. Dunn. Submitted by Lynne Cody, Idalia Health & Wellness

PHYSICS STUDENT-BRANDY HENRICKSON
Physics student Brandy Henrickson was the winner of the bridges contest. Her bridge held 42.11 kilograms (roughly 90 pounds) and measured 75 centimeters by 14 centimeters. Congratulations Brandy.

SOPHOMORE FIELD TRIPS!
The sophomore class was fortunate enough to participate in two field trips this past month. On November 8, they joined other sophomores from around the county to tour local businesses. They began the day in Yuma where they visited Agri-Inject, Wagner CAT, and 21st Century. Following lunch, they traveled to Wray where they were able to visit Kind Roots Botanicals and Cornerstone/ProHealth. The day was hosted by Yuma County Economic Development Corporation with the hope to open the eyes of our county's youth to the many career opportunities that exist locally.
On November 14, the sophomores were back in Yuma. Following a three-day writers workshop at school, they visited the Yuma Pioneer where some of the students had their work published. The students also had the opportunity to participate in mock interviews. Overall, the experience proved to be beneficial in toning their communication, and both creative and journalistic writing skills.
Submitted by Myles Johnson, Superintendent

VETERANS' DAY PROGRAM
Several veterans ventured out on a cold day for the Veterans’ Day Program at Idalia. Highlighting this year’s school program was Major Mike Forostoski who delivered the Veterans’ address. Fifth grader, Cooper Northrup, delivered the student address. The sixth graders led the all-school choir. Thank you vets!!

Back To Top